New book suggestions for 9-11 year old girls

My kids read a lot of the new books that come across my desk at my work.  This is handy for me, because they read them, tell me what they are about, whether or not they like them and then I look like I know what I'm talking about at work!

Here are a few of our recent favs, with the kid's 'verdicts'.
Btw, these aren't necessarily just for girls, but it's my girls who have particularly liked these.

The Brilliant World of Tom Gates by Liz Pichon- Verdict:  Funny (they all liked this including the 13yo)








Halfing by Rebecca Lloyd.  Verdict:  Enjoyable (if you like adventure/fantasy)

The Golden Door by Emily Rodda.  Verdict:  Great (first in a new series by the author of the Deltora Quest, Rowan of Rin)

Give me four reasons by Lizzie Wilcock.  Verdict:  Loved it (great if you like books about friendships, transitioning to high school)

The Considine Curse by Gareth P. Jones.  Verdict:  Really enjoyed it (mystery book about a family)

Ruby Redfort:  Look into my eyes by Lauren Child.  Verdict:  Great book.  If you like Clarice Bean, you'll love reading about the detective that Clarice refers to in her stories.

11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass.  Verdict:  Really liked this book (even the 13yo boy enjoyed it).  Book about friendships among a group of Year 5 girls.

Comments

Debbie said…
I have one very happy 11 year old now that you have published this post! She loves good book recommendations. Thank you.
Aimster said…
Love Tom Gates Books he has another two books called Excellent Excuses and Everything is Amazing

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating