Parenting talks

I've spent some time this week preparing a talk for a group of Anglican minister's wives on parenting.

I think part of the reason I've been asked to give the talk is that I'm a minister's daughter and I'm married to a minister (thoroughbred or something like that!).

So even though I feel quite honoured to be asked and have enjoyed working on it, it is ironic that I have had a pretty ordinary week actually parenting my own kids.

What a deflating week.  It is hard to realise that a lot of the difficult dynamics in the household are related to my own inability to be patient or a lack of willingness on my part to listen well.

Sometimes it does feel like a lot rests on my shoulders as the mum.

Weariness ...

Comments

Kath said…
No one quite so well equipped to talk about parenting as someone who knows the joys AND the tough times. May God encourage you through the process of preparing and speaking.
Rodney Olsen said…
I have a regular parenting segment on my radio programme and one of the most encouraging things my 'expert' guests have to say is that they're not perfect parents. We all have good and bad days.

I hope your weariness has passed and you're ready to take on the world again. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Going grey at 40

Confessions of an earl grey addict

Christmas memory creating